Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Guilt -- 25 & 26 weeks


Since the moment I found out I was pregnant I have felt mixed emotions. Most of you are probably very confused right now. Maybe other expecting moms that have gone through infertility or even ones that haven't, have experienced this a little but yes I am over flowing with excitement and joy, but after going through fertility I also feel guilty. I have watched many people go through fertility treatment for much much longer than we went through it and at times I feel guilty that it only took us just over a year. Is this normal? I'm not sure. Lately I have felt very self conscious about my body changing and becoming bigger and I feel horrible even thinking that and get mad at myself because of this guilt. I know how bad it hurts to want so badly the chance to carry a baby and be a mommy. I also feel very guilty and worried about others feelings and thoughts when I post baby updates. I know how it stings when you want it to be you and you have to sit and watch others and see daily posts. I have now been on both sides of this. Please tell me someone else can relate to this?  Just some of my nightly thoughts I wanted to share. 





How far along: I just turned 27 weeks yesterday but we will catch up week 25 and 26 on this post! 

Baby: Baby boy at 25 weeks is about the size of a cabbage 14 inches long and close to two lbs.     26 weeks is about the size of a butternut squash and just over 14 inches and little over two lbs. 

Momma: Slightly self conscious. I know that is selfish to say and don't get me wrong I am beyond blessed to have this sweet babe in my belly but it's a big chance on a women's baby and a little hard watching yourself get bigger even knowing it's a miracle growing inside me.
 

Maternity clothes: Yes. I have ended up with a couple maternity shirts because they are the only ones I feel comfortable in but my favorite purchase has been just jeans/jeggings from Old Navy. They are in the normal women section but have no zipper and a stretchy waist but look like normal skinny jeans. They are amazing! Preggo friends I highly recommend checking out Old Navy for cheap comfortable clothes they are my new favorite place to shop. 

Sleep: I finally bought a body pillow and it was the best purchase. I have slept so much better since we got it. Trevor might not agree though haha! 

Best moment this week: Feeling little man get bigger and squirm around all the time. 

Miss anything: Not having heart burn. 

Food cravings: Mozzarella sticks and ice cream. Now I'm really going to start gaining the weight. 

Anything make you queasy or sick: Depends on the day and I have to eat small snacks throughout the day and before bed or I'm guaranteed to be sick the next morning. 

Gender: BOY! 

Movement: Yes he moves like crazy! 

Labor signs: None. 

Symptoms: Nausea. Heartburn. I haven't been throwing up near like I use to but once or twice a week I'll have a bad day where I still throw up in the mornings. 

Nursery: We finally got his room painted so it's ready to start putting together! YAY!! 

Looking forward to: Getting everything like his nursery put together and organized. I've had my car seat picked out for a while now and stopped at Target and Babies R Us on our way home from St George last weekend and it just happened to be on sale so we bought that and looked at cribs since I've been struggling to pick what style I liked best. We finally decided the other day and ordered one from Kohls online and it came in TWO days!! 




I've been horrible about taking pictures and I know I'm going to regret it because this is when I'm really growing and changing in size every day I feel like.








XOXO,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com