Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Together we make a family.

Life as a step parent is not easy. Plain and simple it is the hardest thing I have done in my life. You will get treated unfairly and be talked badly about because of the stereotypical stepmom role. Time, it all takes time. Sometimes it is hard to remember that you won't become an instant happily ever after family. Some days feel like a complete fail and makes you question everything you do but you get through them because of the "I can do this" days. I found a blog and part of what she said has really stuck with me. I also thought I would share one of my favorite quotes I have looked back on from day one. 





I am a proud stepmom and I wouldn't have it any other way. I have been incredibly blessed to have two little boys brought into my life, these little ones are worth every tear and smile this road may bring. No child can ever have too many people who stand behind them supporting them.  
Tonight was "Western Night" at Coopers school. Every year they rotate between father/son and mother/son. This year it was mothers and sons so Coop is a pretty lucky boy and brought both of his moms so we went and had a great time square dancing and dressing up. You would think I would have some cowboy boots at least, ya know since I did grow up in Wyoming for 18 years, turns out I'm a little out of touch with my roots.  Here are a couple pictures from our night. 





XOXO

     Emily

2 comments:

  1. I love the quotes you put up, they are so true. Being a stepmom is so hard but so worth it. You seem to be doing a great job, I'm sure those boys love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words they mean a lot!

      Delete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com