Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

19 weeks, 20 weeks & Doctor Visits

How far along: Since I'm a little behind we will do two weeks together. 19 and 20 weeks holy crap I'm half way where the heck did time go?! 

Baby: Baby boy is about 6 inches long and the size of a mango at 19 weeks and 6.5 inches and size of a endive (I didn't know what that was so Google told me or a small artichoke 😊) at 20 weeks. We had my 20 week ultrasound this week and the boys have been asking when they can come to an appointment so since they could actually see baby brother they got to come and were so excited. After the ultrasound my doctor asked Kole if brother was cute and his response was "Um no" Haha. On the ultrasound they found that baby boy has quite a bit of fluid on his kidneys they said they get concerned when it's .5 I believe and he is at .4. As of now the doctor said there is nothing you can do to prevent this and pretty much means he need to pee and is backed up because his organs and insides are so tiny. We will do another ultrasound in 4 weeks, the end of October, and check it again and see if it's gone. She said it's not a huge concern just something we will want to mention to our pediatrician that we saw on the ultrasounds because it can mean he will have bad reflux and bladder infections after he is born. Fingers crossed that is all and that it is gone in a couple weeks. Other then that baby boy looks great, growing as he should and sitting super low making it fun for momma. 

Momma: Tired, sick and grateful! Last week Trevor's family got hit was an awful bug that was going around and both of us got lucky enough to get it. I called my doctors office in the mid morning and the nurse (that I do not love & have already complained about when she screwed up my test results at the beginning of the pregnancy) just told me to try all the tips for morning sickness well after throwing up all day about every 20-30 mins I started throwing up some blood and got concerned and called back just before they left for the day and got to talk to the nurse that actually knows what she is doing. She talked to my doctor and they said they defiantly wanted me to go in and get checked out by at least instacare. I was still throwing up when we got there and they decided to give me some IVs since I was so dehydrated and get fluid back in me as well as nausea medicine through the IV. I swear I always get the nurses that don't really know what they are doing and the first nurse blew the vien in my left arm and the RN must have seen the look on my face after I looked down at my arm as it was burning  and swelling up because she rushed over and took it out and put it in my right arm herself. I HATE needles so already being sick and getting another needle in my arm just did me in and poor Trevor had to sit there after being sick all day as well ready to grab my "barf bowl" as I fought off throwing up on the nurses while they switched arms. Once the IV was in me I was feeling a little better and they sent us home. I still feel like I'm recovering a little but defiantly doing better now then we were! 

Maternity clothes: I bought me a cute maternity hoodie offline this week, I don't need it quite yet but it was on sale and since I feel like maternity clothes are super expensive I couldn't pass it up! Still  just using the hair tie trick on some of my pants so it's not uncomfortable sitting down.

Sleep: Toss and turn most nights, diffusing lavender oil in our room at nights helps a lot! 

Best moment this week: I think we have ourselves a little soccer player! He kicked super hard about 19 1/2 weeks for the first time even Trevor got to feel it a couple times. After being so sick I got a little nervous because I couldn't feel him for a few days but he is now moving consistently mostly at nights. Can't wait till it gets more and more!  

Miss anything: No I wouldn't say I really miss anything. 

Food cravings: No still nothing really.

Anything make you queasy or sick: I have figured out that I have to eat at and snack before bed or I wake up super sick. Going too long in between eating I get sick too. 

Gender: BOY! 

Movement: Yes! I can feel him moving around in there and he has started kicking pretty hard for a little guy, mostly at nights.  

Labor signs: None.

Symptoms: Pretty sure even water gives me heart burn now days. Nausea. 

Nursery: Haven't started on it just yet.

Looking forward to: Getting the nursery painted so we can start working on it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com